Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter Composition


After almost four years in Canada we finally had something resembling a real winter. This has meant that most of my sketching has been done inside a warm and cozy coffee shop, looking out at the people in the snow.

So today I sat down and looked through one of my sketch books from this past holiday season and I came upon an nice little scene I had captured while enjoying a cup of tea one late afternoon.

The figures and background were both blocked in with simple shapes, concentrating more on the big value changes then anything else. I gave the perspective a little tweak in the background just to get a more cartoony feel to the whole composition.

All in all I had fun trying this little experiment out.

1 comment:

  1. Uy!, it looks windy and cold, you actually captured the feeling of the scene; even it's outdoors and snowing, it feels cozy at the same time.

    The sketchbook is doing it's job inspiring later job, who would have thought? hehe.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete